Northern Sports Officials Association
NSOA is a member of Michigan High School Athletic Association. We are located in Traverse City area.
“It is the mission of the Northern Sports Officials Association to promote and maintain high standards in sports officiating. We accomplish this by recruiting new members, developing and retaining officials, and advocating for our member officials. We do this while striving to engender a spirit of mutual respect between our members and the coaches and athletic directors with whom we interact, along with being a positive influence on the student athletes in the schools we serve.”
- Educate our members through clinics, programs, and meetings designed to improve the quality of officiating throughout northern Michigan.
- Provide a high caliber of officiating during interscholastic contests between MHSAA member schools.
- Maintain “Approved Association” status as defined by the MHSAA.
- Provide mutual support to NSOA members through a professional approach to athletic officiating in all MHSAA sanctioned sports.
- Promote the MHSAA “Code for Athletic Officials” and the NSOA “Code of Ethics”.