2022 General Membership Meeting
Sunday, August 28th, 12pm at Silver Lake Recreation Area (on East Silver Lake Rd)
Officials registration is now open for 2022-23. Visit the MHSAA website to register. Registration now provides benefits from the National Association of Sports Officials. Visit the MHSAA website for additional details. Registration deadlines are:
- August 16, 2022 – Football and Volleyball
- November 11, 2022 – Basketball, Competitive Cheer, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Swimming and Wrestling
- March 17, 2023 – Baseball, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Cross Country and Track
Check out the Northern Sports Officials Association Facebook page!
DID YOU KNOW….
…that all or part of the registration fees for training camps can be covered by the NSOA?
$1,000 is available to cover these eligible fees. Email a board member if you have questions.
The NSOA now has a YouTube Channel for important messages and training videos. Click here to access and subscribe.
(Click on Board Members Name to send an email)
President Mike Reed
Vice President / Secretary Mark Stewart
Member at Large Scott Jones
Treasurer Joe Johnson
Member at Large Al Hebden
Officials Recruitment Campaign
Visit the officials Recruitment Tab for more information on how you can become an official
“It is the mission of the Northern Sports Officials Association to promote and maintain high standards in sports officiating. We accomplish this by recruiting new members, developing and retaining officials, and advocating for our member officials. We do this while striving to engender a spirit of mutual respect between our members and the coaches and athletic directors with whom we interact, along with being a positive influence on the student athletes in the schools we serve.”
- Educate our members through clinics, programs, and meetings designed to improve the quality of officiating throughout Northern Michigan.
- Provide a high caliber of officiating during interscholastic contests between MHSAA member schools.
- Provide mutual support to NSOA members through a professional approach to athletic officiating in all MHSAA sanctioned sports.
- Promote the MHSAA “Code for Athletic Officials” and the NSOA “Code of Ethics”
Maintain “Approved Association” status as defined by the MHSAA.